Monday, September 21, 2009

Week 8 - Recap (and my first semi-injury)

This week was better then last week with my running and motivation. I got going a lot more each day, however, I didn't do any long distance running days. Probably got up to about 5 miles. I did also injure myself slightly at the end of the week.

Friday I did some walking with a friend and then went swimming with another friend AND that same night went dancing! whoa! While swimming stretched funny (I guess) and ended up with a "charlie horse" or rather a knotted muscle in my calf....I really don't know what it was, but it hurt like a *&# $@! I finally walked on it at the pool and massaged it. I was just careful on it for the evening...well, until I went dancing. lol :) I gave it a rest on Saturday, but continued to massage the area that felt like a knot in it. Sunday, I got myself out early in the morning and ran....I felt great!

Today is the end of Monday and my calf is feeling good. The area is sore when I do different stretches, but doesn't interfere with my running so I'm good as far as I'm concerned.

-Debbie

No comments: