Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Busy, but fun weekend

There is something to be said that about having great friends. I had a GREAT weekend! Friends of mine came over Saturday afternoon to scrapbook. It is a group from work that we have been getting together each month. This time I invited my neighbor, Cari, too Cari is an easy person to get along with...and a great friend too! Well, my ex is out to sea so the kids were with me. Kendra loves to scrapbook, but Cameron not so much. So, he hung around outside with friends, but also wanted to be inside with us. Cari's daughter hung around inside too. Then, one of my friends from work that was scrapbooking had to go get her kids...I told her to come back so the kids could all hang out. And then THEY had a fun time too! Everyone got there around 4pm, but didn't leave til almost 11:30! What a great night! We laughed and were silly. :)













Then, on Sunday, a friend of mine from work reminded me that at the waterfront park in Silverdale they were having Hydroplane boat races. I've never seen these and I knew Cameron would love them (Kendra, not so interested). So, Cameron and I headed down to the waterfront park....awesome! They were so cool and went so fast! The simplest thing that thrilled me was the fact that they put them in and out of the water by a CRANE!








Now here I am sitting up late reminicing. Tomorrow I send my daughter for the first time by herself on a plane. I'm trying not to let myself worry...I have nothing to worry about, but there could be. I'm just not going to worry. She is going to spend the next 3 weeks visiting my mom and stepdad (amoung others) in Virginia. Then, at the end of August, Cameron and I head to VA ourselves to spend a little time and we head back before the start of school. :)

Have a great week,
Debbie

No comments: