Monday, August 4, 2008

I know, it's been a while


So, I have found my voice again. Yeah, it's been a while and a lot has happened...much I won't get into as it doesn't matter any longer. I've just been so wrapped up in my life I've forgotten to write. In my last entry not everthing came about, but I'm still working on my life changes. I AM in a very happy place these days.

First off, I'm officially divorced! Happened on May 6, 2008 and it is an anniversary that I'm proud of as it was a decision I made and know it was the right one. I'm really enjoying being on my own and not leaning on someone or having to "run it by" them. Well, among all the other OBVIOUS things (duh!) I love it. I bought new living room furniture on the spot one weekend...no questions to anyone! It was great! Just exactly what I wanted. :) Dont get me wrong, i'm not ruling out getting into another relationship, just not in the cards right now for me. I think I'll know when it's right. If I push anything or jump in, it wouldn't be something true and right. Also, I'm not afraid to be alone. :)

Most recently I've had happier changes...i was promoted at the agency I work for. I'm so excited! I do, however, still have to do my old job until they hire someone, but it is worth it. The people that I'm working with are great and so understanding. The ones I'm leaving are too...so it was a hard decision, but I'll have one focus in this job which is great!

Next, and I haven't started yet, but I signed up for a NY Institite of Photography course! I'm even more thrilled about this then the promotion. I'm so ready to start going on learning more about photography and the business of it. As many of you know me, I LOVE to take photos. I get frustrated as I can't get the camera to do what I want sometimes. I intend to learn more and you never know...I could make it big and you can then say you knew me when. ha,ha!

The kids are doing well and adjusting to life with two homes. When their Dad isn't out to sea they go every Wednesday and then ever other Wednesday to Sunday afternoon. It is really nice for me to have my time to myself to just do what I want and be ME...not Mom for a little while. Although, it is hard to remember they aren't with me and I can't wait to see them when they return! I have been going out to dinners with friends. Some of us have even started once a month having a scrapbooking night! I really am loving my friends around here...they are so good to me!

Well, I can't think of anything else right now (that was plenty). I'm sure there will be more another day.

All my best,
Debbie

No comments: