Friday, August 21, 2009

Week 4 - I did it!

After putting it off a few days, I did it! I went the 6 miles I set out to do this week. I didn't run them all, but I still did the 6 miles. I ran 3, walked about 2 and then ran the last mile. It felt great! Funny too that I picked the hottest day of the week to do it...it was almost 90 outside at 5pm and I was running most of time on pavement and cars around. So, it was a little toasty at time. The times that felt the best, and I could have ran on there the whole time, was when I went over the two bridges.

What I did was parked my car in Manette near the Boat Shed and then ran over the Manette bridge around to over the Warren Ave bridge which loops back around to Manette. One of my friends, Heather, lives out close to Manette actually saw me on her way home from the office where we both work. Just happened to be going over the bridge and I saw her car...we waved at each other!

Next week I'll be doing 6 again and know now I can do it!

-Debbie

No comments: