Monday, August 17, 2009

Week 4 - Slacker already

So, this week didn't get off to a great start. Over the weekend I kept pretty busy and even walked almost 3 miles on my day of rest for my training. However, today-Monday I was supposed to do 6 miles. I've been dreading it as I haven't done 6 miles all at once ever...so I think I talked myself out of it.

Cameron has football practice on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at a place that has a track. There were many factors that I let get in my way: 1) we were late to practice which only gave me 45 minutes--that is almost how long it took me to run 4 miles. 2) The track had people around it and on the field. 3) I just plain chickened out and didn't want witnesses to my potential failure.

However, I did come home in the end and run 2 miles on the treadmill. I have not given up all together for this week as I am bound and determined to not let anything get in my way on Wednesday. That is supposed to be my day to run only 2 miles, but I will run my 6 miles that day.

I'll keep you posted on how Wednesday goes.

-Debbie

No comments: