Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Week 3 - Training has begun

I've been out of touch for a while with my blog...but I'm back! I have worked on tying up loose ends and it is paying off!

Week 3 of training is underway!

I have started training to run the Seattle Half Marathon! I have my schedule and am keeping to it. At the end of July I ran the Whaling Days 4 mile run in Silverdale, WA. That felt great! Since then I have been consistently running about 10 miles a week or sometimes even more. Many of you may not know this, but a half marathon is 13.3 miles!

I know I can do it! I'll keep you posted as to how I'm doing. Right now I'm on week 3, the past two weeks I have only been running 6 miles - 2 miles every other day and resting on the weekends. This week I start pushing to 4 miles a day and I know I can do it...the part I'm uneasy about is when we get into the later weeks. I have no idea how I'm going to run more then 4 miles at one time, but I will have faith and know I can do it.

That is all for now!

-Debbie










Whaling Days July 2009. My friend Heather watched the kids while I ran so they could see me cross the finish line. they made me signs while I ran...so sweet!

No comments: